Shabach Enterprise presents the 3rd Annual Fade To Black Reading Series! January 19 – 21, 2018 at MATCH Houston.
A live DJ keeps urban vibes going as we present the readings of eight new plays written by African-American playwrights from across the nation.
Directed and performed by Houston’s local artists, this is one event you don’t want to miss!
Opening night is Friday, January 19. There is a playwright talk-back on Saturday, January 20. And for the first time, we will have a Sunday matinee on January 21.
General seating (arrive early). Parental guidance is advised.
***THE 2018 READING SERIES PLAYS***
1. Enigma, by Tramaine Brathwaite (Atlanta, GA), directed by Earll Washington
2. Harlem Strides, by Domonique Champion (Houston, TX), directed by Roenia Thompson
3. Line Dry, by Royal Shiree (Lynchburg, VA), directed by Brenda “BeBe” Wilson
4. Color of Pain, by Erika Walton (Houston, TX), directed by Barrett Brooks
1. Red Letter Day, by Russell Nichols (Richmond, CA), directed by Curtis Barber
2. The Dean’s Office, Joyce Lee (Los Angeles, CA), directed by Ananka Konitz
3. Captain Samaritan: The Battle of Negrophobia, by Jeremy Holloway (Cordova, TN), directed by Brandon Morgan
4. Final Verdict, by Fabiola R. Decius (Hyde Park, MA), directed by LaKeisha Randle
Tickets on sale NOW! Make plans to be there!