Fifth Ward Community Redevelopment Corporation presents the 5th Annual Lyons Avenue Renaissance Festival, celebrating Harvey Heroes. Saturday, March 24, 12pm – 5pm, on Lyons Avenue, between Gregg and Benson Streets.
The theme for this free, family-friendly event is Houston Strong and Nickle Proud. Not only will women and men who went to great lengths to help Hurricane Harvey victims be honored, but we’ll celebrate the history, art, culture, and current revitalization of the Fifth Ward, one of Houston’s oldest neighborhoods.
• Houston’s Ultimate Easter Season Egg Hunt! Over 50,000 plastic, goodie-filled eggs are dropped by helicopter to kick off the celebration
• Community Parade & Car Show
• Five stages, including the Fifth Ward JAM, featuring zydeco, blues, gospel, jazz, R&B, soul and hip hop performances
• Refreshments provided by the young entrepreneurs of Lemonade Day
• Vibrant Activity Areas:
- Kid Zone – featuring games, music and entertainment for children of all ages
- Interactive History Zone located near JAM Park
- Fifth Ward Market featuring food vendors and food trucks, art and retail vendors
- Housing Fair and Community Service providers
- Fitness Zone where you can get fit and have fun with creative and innovative instructors
- 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
Pack up the kids, grab your family and friends, and join us!
About Fifth Ward Community Redevelopment Corporation: The non-profit 501(c) 3 organization was started in April of 1989. The organization was started by educators, clergy, residents and business owners. For more than 25 years FWCRC has built and sold homes, provided affordable housing, and worked to make the community a great place to live, work and play.