Houston Center for Contemporary Craft presents Hands-On Houston Family Festival: Focus on Fiber, Saturday, November 4, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC) is pleased to host the sixth annual HANDS-ON HOUSTON FAMILY FESTIVAL, a free community event. Families and visitors of all ages are invited to this fun day of indoor/outdoor activities.
Please join us for our seventh annual HANDS-ON HOUSTON FAMILY FESTIVAL, a free community event. Families and visitors of all ages are invited to this fun day of indoor/outdoor activities.
This year, HCCC celebrates fiber with hands-on activities, demonstrations by local artists, and more!
- Learn a variety of techniques for working with fiber
- Create wet-felted bracelets and sew your own wall hanging
- Join Workshop Houston’s Style Shop, a nonprofit youth program, to screenprint on fabric
- See live demonstrations, including natural dying with current resident artists Liz Robb and Molly Koehn, The Creeping Vine Project by former resident Rebecca Braziel, and the Houston Area Machine Knitters
- View the fall exhibitions in our galleries: Storyline: The Contemporary Quilt, For Hire: Contemporary Sign Painting in America, and The Sound of Things
- Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts and home décor in the Asher Gallery
- Enjoy food and refreshments on site from local food truck, El Topo