ReadFest Houston celebrates the dynamic play development process by offering free staged or concert readings of new plays or plays new to Houston.
During the ReadFest, Houston audiences will be treated to the unique voices of six Houston theaters, all performing at the midtown destination, the MATCH.
The ReadFest will open on Thursday, November 2 and runs through November 4.
Here’s the schedule:
- Thursday November 2, 7p: Landing Theatre Company
- Friday November 3 7p Ensemble Theatre
- Friday November 3, 9:30p Luciole International Theatre Co.
- Saturday November 4, 1p Mildred’s Umbrella Theater
- Saturday November 4, 4p Wordsmyth Theater
- Saturday November 4, 8p Next Iteration Theater Company
Reserve your free ticket today and make sure you secure a seat!
ABOUT THE PARTICIPATING THEATER COMPANIES
- Next Iteration Theater Company – “In theater, what gets under the skin, what gnaws at the bones is the intimate storytelling, the breath, the voice, the body almost within reach enacting life…” http://www.nextiterationtheater.com
- Luciole International Theater Co. – “building new opportunities for artistic endeavors in Houston that embrace our cosmopolitan communities, both locally and internationally.” http://lucioleinternationaltheatre.org
- Mildred’s Umbrella Theater – “creating and performing bold, innovative, and fresh theatrical works grounded in the best traditions of the dramatic arts…with a strong feminine presence” http://mildredsumbrella.com
- The Landing Theatre Company – “Celebrating American Playwriting” http://www.landingtheatre.org
- The Ensemble Theatre – “To preserve African American artistic expression and enlighten, entertain and enrich a diverse community” http://www.ensemblehouston.com/index.html
- Wordsmyth Theater – “Playwright’s theater dedicated to the development of new theatrical works from formative stages through full production” http://wordsmyththeater.org
Audiences will be able to join NITC, as well as the other participating theater companies for socialization in the Matchbox 3 lobby between shows, and at various Midtown bars for after-parties.